what is weed?
- Weeds are referred as plants out of place. This means that weeds grow where we either want other plants to grow or where we want no plants at all.
- Weeds are unwanted and undesirable plants which interfere with utilisation of land, sunlight and water resources and thus adversely affect the crop yield.
why weed is important?
- Type of weed is indication of extent of potential yield loss 20-70% loss.
- The type of weed can also tell you about the field and its management.
- Tells best method of control.
- The type of weed also tells about the best form of direct control.